Can I afford a Catholic education for my child?
A Catholic education is an investment that pays dividends for years and years. St. Augustine Elementary & Middle Catholic School does its best to keep costs down. Your tuition and fees cover about 85% of what it costs to educate your child. The remaining 15% is achieved through a very generous subsidy from fundraising efforts throughout the school year. Thanks to amazing parental and community support, we are able to provide high-quality programs and services to our students while keeping our tuition reasonable. You will find that our tuition rates and fees are very competitive compared to other private schools in the area. Financial aid is available based on need.
What are some of the key logistics to know about St. Augustine Elementary & Middle School’s ?
- St. Augustine’s Elementary & Middle Catholic School offers two classes per grade in most grades. Pre-kindergarten class size is 15-20 students. Kindergarten through 8th grade class size is approximately 25 students. In addition to a lead teacher, pre-kindergarten grade classes have a teacher’s aide.
- The pre-kindergarten program operates from 7:55 am to 3:10 pm
- Kindergarten through 8th grade school hours are from 7:55 am to 3:10 pm.
- After-school care is offered on a monthly or drop-in basis until 5:30 pm.
- Uniforms are required for all students every day. A dress uniform is required for all students on days when Mass is celebrated.
How is religion integrated into the curriculum?
St. Augustine Elementary & Middle Catholic School is part of the faith community of the Catholic Dieoces of Laredo. Religion is formally taught every day, and Catholic values are integrated into all subjects. Additionally, students attend and actively participate in weekly Mass.
How are students disciplined?
St. Augustine Elementary & Middle School strives to create an atmosphere of Christian charity and respect for all students and faculty, relying upon positive reinforcement to help students grow in self-discipline and personal responsibility. Our discipline policies vary by grade and help students develop a great self-image. The discipline policy is published online in the Student/Parent Handbook.
What is the school’s uniform policy?
Uniforms are required for all students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade with a special dress uniform required on days when Mass is celebrated. Our uniform policy minimizes distractions in the classroom and discourages students from judging their peers based on outward appearance.
What is St. Augustine Elementary & Middle School’s approach toward learning?
At St. Augustine, we believe a kind, supportive environment is most conducive to academic excellence, not an overly strict or rigorous one. We strive to make the learning experience enjoyable, not stressful, in order to instill a lifelong love of learning within our students.